Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Yes, happy holidays dear friends and loyal readers. This Christmas came and went so quickly. The busy work schedule makes the holiday time go by so fast. I spent a full day and a half shopping (something I almost never do) for gifts. Maybe that's where all the time went. I spent all of the 23rd in Causeway Bay and Central. I'm glad to say that I did all my shopping and gift wrapping within the allotted time limit. Unfortunately, I didn't quite get to enjoy much of the weekend.

Speaking of gift wrapping, I am known within my family to be somewhat of a cheapie. I wrap all my gifts with old newspaper instead of proper wrapping paper. Wrapping paper is nice, but I always get this heart wrenching feeling every time I tear it all up when opening gifts. Though beautiful and creative, store bought wrapping paper is such a waste of our precious resources. A couple of years ago, I decided to use newspaper instead. The results have yielded some pleasant surprises! The key is to find front-page type pages with big pictures. Check out two of the gifts from this year. Keep in mind that the wrapping is old newspaper!

A front page clipping from some quirky article.

An article on some new local film.

So if you haven't done so already, consider using old newspaper to wrap your gifts next year! ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

didn't have fun this wkend?? i thought it was great!

Henry Chung said...

Merry X'mas. Let's still get together!

Justin said...

Re: honeyb

The weekend as in Saturday and Sunday. Just felt like a lot of running around and chores instead of relaxing; especially Saturday.

Anonymous said...

You are one creative man - I especially like the first wrapping!

John said...

Hey Justin!

Bit late, but hope you had a Happy Christmas.

Here's to 2007!