Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Top Notch Service

Watami Casual Japanese Restaurant demonstrated to me that service doesn't require a high price or much effort.

Once upon a time ago (erm... last week), my ice coffee was pretty bland. I don't know if it was a cost cutting measure or an unfortunate mishap, but the color looked like ice tea, and it pretty much tasted like watered down milk. After I brought up the issue to my server, the problem was quickly remedied. This is the kind of service you should expect from all restaurants.

What lifted Watami to another level, was how they remembered me the next time I came (a few days later). They remembered the minute coffee return request from the last time, and as the latest ice coffee arrived, they reassured me that it would not be like "last time". I never imagined a HKD50 lunch set would include this high level of service.

Watami has always had good service, but this really put them over the top. It is certainly puzzling why other places can't do the same.

No comments: