Monday, November 23, 2009

In Belichick I Trust

It has been a long while since I posted. There are multiple personal reasons for that which I will not mention here. There's a lot going on the world, but I'm going to get back on the horse with something a little on the lighthearted side (though some may take this subject a little too seriously).

Over one week has past, and the sports media looks like it has finally stopped talking about Bill Belichick's decision to go for it on fourth and two. The game last week against the Colts was perhaps the biggest game of the season for the Patriots. The chance to secure home advantage in the playoffs, the chance to dethrone the mighty Colts, robbing them of a potential perfect season. Sadly (perhaps luckily), I could not watch the game live. I only read about the decision after the game had ended.

So it's fourth and two with the clock running down. WWBBD (What Would Bill Belichick Do)? Bill Belichick went for it. All I have to say is that this guy won us three Superbowls in four seasons, and he nearly won a fourth in five. In my book, Bill has a free pass to do whatever the F he wants on the football field for the rest of his coaching career. As for the decision itself, I wouldn't even consider it bad. Belichick knows the Pats better than any fan or journalist out there. He has the most experience and knowledge at his disposal. He is the only person on this earth who has the right and who has earned the right to make that decision. As far as I'm concerned, Belichick made the correct decision regardless of the result.

And that's that (that's that).

1 comment: