Friday, March 30, 2007

Chill out, modern day Persians

Iran is mad at the film, 300, because it depicts the Persians as an evil people. It puts Persians in a bad light. I hate to break it to them, but most Westerners are probably too dumb to relate Persia to modern day Iran.

As an ignorant outsider, I wish Middle Eastern folk would ignore the movies and comic strips, and focus on real issues. Call me insensitive, but I think they're overreacting over nothing.

Kyle Francis sums it up pretty well here. 300 is so blatantly exaggerated and unrealistic, I don't know how anyone could somehow compare it to reality. So instead of criticizing the things that are obviously not real, perhaps they should put efforts in movements that actually mean something.

3 comments:

John said...

Hmmm...so I guess you should expect to be blacklisted by the Iranian government in the near future? Hey, it was nice knowing you!

Anonymous said...

very well said buddy very well said

Anonymous said...

Ah~ All I remember was the guy in GOLDEN PANTIES.
But ah... I don't think it was should a good movie to have soo much dicusion over it.