Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wow Just Wow


Twins general manager Bill Smith, on Livan Hernandez, who improved to 10-6 with a 5.29 earned-run average with Saturday's victory over Texas: "I'll take the (10) wins. Who do you want, a guy who's 10-15 with a 2.80 ERA or a guy who's 16-8 with a 7.00 ERA? I'll take the 16-8."

Remind me again... are they paying this guy? Furthermore... why hasn't he been fired yet?

Again, why why why do people even LOOK at the wins column when it comes to pitchers? What is this madness? Can't Minnesota afford someone with some basic, modern baseball knowledge?

Dear Bill,
ERA = VERY IMPORTANT
Wins = NOT IMPORTANT


Well... it's not my team, so I don't give a shit. Red Sox fans should thank their lucky stars every single day that we have Theo Epstein as our GM.

1 comment:

Josekin said...

Maybe Livan brings in the undetectable steroids that creates a lot of run support...