Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bling It!

Click here for the tech stuff.  Tests have shown that Chrome is twice as fast as Firefox, and it appears to be the fastest browser available.  Has mighty Google done it again?  The browser feels great.  It has nearly everything Firefox 3 has.  It doesn't "hang" occasionally like FF does, and it is a lot faster (at least it feels that way since I haven't timed it myself).  Perhaps I shouldn't be so surprised that Google appears to be dominating another facet of my web experience.  The Google search engine, Gmail, Maps, Google Chat, Blogger, Reader, Picasa, and even YouTube, all suit my web lifestyle just right.  Minimalist, utilitarian, unobtrusive, efficient, are words I'd use to describe Google's most basic products.  They are taking over the world and perhaps they deserve to.  

4 comments:

John said...

There are many things that Chrome has that seem to be "new" and "fresh". But they've actually been a part of Opera for a long time.

Justin said...

I know. I didn't feel that Chrome offered anything new even when compared to Firefox (what I used to use), but it is much faster. I tried Opera and neighed it cause it was slower than Firefox.

John said...

Serious? Opera is faster for me on my laptop and my desktop back in Australia. Also, Opera seems to be more stable. Although I'm writing this using Firefox as the IT guy at school can't put up the proxy or whatever for Opera. Doh!

Justin said...

I'd be willing to give Opera another try, since Chrome is still a beta. But I guess you should use whatever works best for you. Opera Mini is actually a pretty nice mobile browser!