Saturday, February 11, 2006

Immediate 0.1% Return


Today in the mail, I received this "promotional offer" from my bank, HSBC. All I had to do was deposit an additional HK$100,000 into my savings account. They would then reward me with a HK$100 coupon for ParkNShop, my local supermarket. The catch is that I need to keep that $100K in my account past the month of March. Hmm...

[sarcasm]How can I possibly pass up this deal! I get an immediate 0.1% return, and with all that money just sitting in my super low return savings account, I'll be a rich man in oh... err... 100 years![/sarcasm]

Okay, what the hell are they thinking? This "offer" works for no one. Most people in Hong Kong don't have $100K to throw around, so they wouldn't be able to even consider this. Those who do have that kind of money just lying around wouldn't give a second thought to a $100 supermarket coupon.

These people in marketing need to get their act together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is certainly not an attractive offer at all...

knockoutgirl said...

You mean you wouldn't move $100,000 for six bags of Hot Waves? How about 12 boxes of Square Jello? Do they still have Square Jello??

Justin said...

Hmm... prehaps for 120 bottles of Yakult it might be worth it.