Saturday, February 18, 2006

Kudos to Google Chat

I had my doubts about Google Chat. I actually never use programs like ICQ, AIM, MSN, or even Trillian anymore because I just don't have the time. I love how Google Chat is integrated into Gmail. It saves space, it saves memory, and it is perfect for me because I keep Gmail open all the time.

If this continues, Google will simply take over the world. We will be ruled by technology, and webtech will be ruled by Google. It is amazing how Google can take an existing idea and make it better.

Gmail: not only keeping email free, but giving users 1 gig of memory right off the bat was great. Gmail is no nonsense, and it doesn't waste time.

Google Maps: not only useful, but fun to use. Google Earth is like nothing we've ever seen.

Google Desktop, Picasa, Blogger... one great program after another, and they're all free.

Okay Google, you've got me. I'm a believer.

2 comments:

knockoutgirl said...

I hated Google for about half a year due to Google Adwords, but that's been fixed. My ONLY problem with them is their search engine, ironically. I find Yahoo's search results to be much more relevant.

Justin said...

But adwords can often be humorous and entertaining!