Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Give me grill marks!

I am a frequent airport visitor, so naturally I have tried all the restaurants at the Hong Kong International Airport. One exception would be Popeye's Chicken, because my fried chicken eating days are over. The food is all overpriced, as expected. The biggest disappointment however, is that Burger King's burgers are not char-broiled.

How is this possible? My impression was that BK prided themselves on serving their meat with grill marks. That tasty burnt carcinogenic flavor just goes well with beef. They basically took away the only reason anyone would choose BK over McDonald's. Oh well.

On to the price. I recognize that its airport prices, but lets just take a look at how outrageous they actually are:

McDonald's Double Cheeseburger = $8.00
Burger King Double Cheeseburger = $29.00

My regular MD meal consists of two double cheeseburgers and an order of corn = $29.00. At the airport, my meal is cut in half, plus I get no veggies. I feel bad for the people who work there and half to make this overpriced junk their daily intake.


(click to enlarge at your own risk)

4 comments:

Justin said...

I have it maybe twice a month. Hey, at least I eat corn ;)

Anonymous said...

I thought all burger kings went out of business in HK

Anonymous said...

there are still a couple in hk.
eating a couple of these junk a month is good~ just enough to remind you are still human.

The Grill marks... well, a lot of the joints these days are Microwaved... At least, it is better then, Pen Steamed meat bah.

Justin said...

Doooooood! BK actually wrote me a response on my complaint. I'll post it soon.