Thursday, September 06, 2007

Re: In Response...

Hey folks, see the original post and its responses here.

Re: John

Everyone I've talked to is excited about China's rapid development, and their "becoming a superpower", and "overtaking the US" mentality. I'm not excited. Can't stop development, but as China grows, they should really consider patching up its gaping problems at the same time.

I doubt the Olympics will fail more than it failed in Atlanta eleven years ago. I guess I hope they succeed, and at the same time shine a huge spotlight on the nation's issues. But does the world really care about starving Chinese kids in rural villages? A lot of China's problems are far from "global". Will the world care?

Re: Edith

Of course the US elections play a role. However, I think the problems I'm more focused on are China's own issues that the US deep down does not care about. I mean, is corruption in China really that important to the rest of the world? The people who ultimately suffer are Chinese citizens.

When someone tells you whether your market is free, then I guess its not really free.

Re: Joe

Thanks for the history lesson ;)

China is still considered by most of the world as a "Communist State"; hence my mistake. I'm no expert, and I don't claim to be. I just tell it as I see it.

No comments: