Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Fun with Chemistry

Another experiment gone err... well, perhaps it wasn't so bad.

In hope of making my ice coffee stay cold longer while avoiding dilution by ice cubes, I froze some milk into cubes and put that in instead. Results were... interesting. The milk melted into tiny little pieces that resembled milk that had gone bad. What actually happened was that the high fat content in the milk caused it to separate while freezing. So the little chunks of milk fat floated out first.

In the end, it turned out great, but perhaps a better way is in order. Until next time.

3 comments:

John said...

Can I put a request in for the next science experiment? Maybe like finding a cure for Asian Blush?

Justin said...

Cure for the Asian Blush? Practice makes perfect, my friend.

Stephanie Campisi said...

Perhaps try low fat milk next time?

There's no need to cure Asian Blush. It makes it easier to pick targets at a bar.

Oh dear. I did not just say that.