Tuesday, December 11, 2007

All Good Things...



I was shocked to discover last weekend that the "Ramen Street" in Causeway Bay has turned into an electronic shopping mall. The "street" is actually an indoor food court of some sorts. It had five or six restaurants. Most served ramen, and they all served Japanese food. Each shop had its own style of ramen. The most popular being the "pork toro ramen" shop.

Its disappointing how many restaurants that I feel comfortable going to are closing one by one. It is my own undoing, as I'm not very adventurous when dining alone. I'll find places I like, and simply won't go anywhere else... most of the time. Which is also why I don't look forward to people asking me where to eat. The answer for me is simple: I'll always suggest the places I like and always go to. However, that answer is unlikely to satisfy the person asking. "***** again?", is usually the response.

So all I'm left with are memories of some above average ramen and a now useless 20% off discount card, which I often forgot to use.

5 comments:

dra said...

Oh no.... they closed down~!!!!! so no more ramen in the causeway bay area!

What about the ramen place in Tin Hau? I mean, the location is bad, but the noodle is good still.

Justin said...

Ah... don't worry. Just search for 拉麵 under 日本 and 銅鑼灣. There will never be a deficit Japanese food in Causeway Bay.

alex said...

Oh I remember that pork toro place, it was soo good. Hint Hint 日本拉麵 is my favoite, we need to go chow down a few bowls after my run in Feb

Justin said...

I will do my homework to find the best ramen for your post run ramen apocalypse, Alex ;)

John said...

One good thing about that place closing down is that now I don't have to return the favour of shouting a meal to my friend at that place! Yay for me!