Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Flick I Won't Be Watching



"Look at the cast: Cage and Voight and Helen Mirren and Ed Harris and Diane Kruger and Harvey Keitel and Justin Bartha and Bruce Greenwood. You could start with a cast like that and make one of the greatest movies of all time, which is not what happened here." --Roger Ebert, in his review of National Treasure: Book of Secrets

Yeah, in case you were wondering, I'm not seeing this movie. The first National Treasure movie came out shortly after DaVinci Code, but I still managed to catch it on the plane. It turned out to be crap anyways. From the trailer, this sequel seems as preposterous and boring as the first one; plus, Nicolas Cage is in it.

I'll pass.

5 comments:

John said...

And Nic Cage still has his wig-thing going on...

Henry Chung said...

actually first NT came out a little before Da Vinci Code.

Justin said...

The movie guru speaks. I stand corrected. National Treasure still sucked though.

Stephanie said...

Any film with Nicholas Cage automatically loses 3 stars in my book. And considering that his films are usually 2 star (or fewer) films, well. . .

Having said that, I'd probably still rather endure the new National Treasure than sit again through the abomination that was Beowulf. National Treasure with my eyes held open and Beethoven's 9th playing at full volume.

Justin said...

I'll be there with eyedrops to keep your eyes moist ;)