Thursday, September 29, 2005

Keep your cancer to yourself

Will someone please explain to me why smoking is still allowed in restaurants and bars?

I cannot understand why restauranteurs are fighting so hard to have smoking be allowed. Their claim is that a smoking ban will drive away customers and thereby decreasing their revenue. Do they think that smokers will stop eating altogether if smoking is banned? Have they ever considered how much business they are losing by banning smoking? Why are these people so stubborn? Look at what success cities abroad have had with a smoking ban. People don't stop eating and drinking just because they can't smoke anymore. What does smoking have to do with anything?! If anyone's been paying attention at all, Hong Kong's only smoke-free restaurant/pub, Dublin Jack, is still alive and kicking despite being the only pub to have banned smoking.

I for one, would be more inclined to eat out and go out in if there was a smoking ban in place. Nowadays, when I'm forced to sit in a cloud of carcinogenic air, my eyes water then dry up, I can't breathe, and I end up smelling like an ashtray, a.k.a. shit. How is that a positive night out?

I'm angry and I'm negative about smoking, so kill me... wait, you already are.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is ideal to have Smokers and Non smokers in seperate sections. I believe that Giving the people choices to pick from is at least better then BANNED it all together. Hey, you think Smokers Don't want a place to smoke freely and not Posion others? Heh

Henry Chung said...

Welcome to the blogging community. You're one of us now. Let's bond, chat, keep up with one another's life. It's indeed a very good support network.

Justin said...

re: ahsir

Lucky you! I have decided to respond to your comment with a whole new blog entry!

Stay tuned.

Justin said...

re: henry

Sonny Boy! Your blog was one of the first ones I ever read and followed. Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Smoking ban decrease business in restaurant and bar is a bunch of bull shit. New York State ban smoking in all indoor public area for almost 2 years now, as of today all the bars is still alive. Bottom line is, you might lose the smoker regulars, but you will gain more non smoker regulars. I find that you can get a better true taste in beer when you don't smoke

Justin said...

re: alex

Exactly! Food tastes better, alcohol tastes better. Its amazing! Thanks for stopping by Alex.