Wednesday, September 21, 2005

What happen to our monster lead?


One two punch of the Sox offense congradulate each other. Sox crush D-Rays 15-2.

Okay, I'm a bit confused here.

The Sawx are now only HALF a game ahead of the Yanks for the AL East. I kind of expected this. With the weak Sox pitching and Yankee resilience, I pretty much knew they'd be back in the pennant race by September. So should I be worried?

I mean... it is pretty much like old times. But its usually the Sox catching up from behind to barely grab the AL wildcard spot to eventually play the Yanks in the playoffs. Schilling had a strong showing against Tampa Bay, and they did beat them 15 to 2, but I'm still not too confident about The Schill. Oh man, I wish Keith Foulke were in last year's form so Timlin could take his usual reliever spot. You have to give the guy credit for doing such a tremendous job as a closer.

Thankfully, the Yanks are also half a game behind the Indians, who lost to the ChiSox who are three games ahead of them in the AL Central. Interesting... so its sort of between the Sawx, Yanks, ChiSox, and Indians. The ChiSox have pretty much dropped the ball in the last two months. I don't seem them having any sort of advantage in the remaining games, but last night's win was huge. A consecutive loss to Cleveland would have been devastating, immediately dropping a game to their closest competitors. As for the Yankee/Red Sox deal, it may just come to a photo finish on the 2nd. Could it possibly be a Schill vs. The Unit? Definitely a playoff caliber game.

Anyways, I'm confused because I don't know whether I should treat the Sox as the Sox of the old, or World Series Champions of last season. If its just the Sox being the Sox, then I've got nothing to worry about. They'll grind their way into the playoffs and play the Yanks and we'll see how that goes. But if its World Series Sox we're talking about, then I'm not so sure. Should a World Series caliber team have to limp their way through the pennant race?

To make my life easy, lets just accept the Sox being the Sox like we accept Manny just "being Manny". Go Sox!

5 comments:

Nat said...

the last 3 games of the season is what it comes down to... that is going to be the best series ever... yanks @ boston... good thing the sox have home field on the last series of the season and if all goes as planned they should come out on top. this has got to be one of the most exciting playoff races in recent memory not just the yanks and sox but both leagues have some nail biters going down the stretch.

Nat said...

p.s: how did your sidebar for your blog go all the way to the bottom? you should be able to fix that in your templates

Anonymous said...

Man... I knew you had a relationship with the Red Sox, now I know what kind it is.

I'm glad you finally jumped on the band wagon of us Fellow Bloggers cos everytime I look at you I always wonder 'what's going on in Justin's head?' Wow, now I'm starting to get a glimpse. Keep writing, you'll find it to be an addiction. Haha, got out of smoking just to dive right into this!

Good luck!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

Even though I lived in NY longer then I lived in Mass. I am still more of a Red Sox fan then Yankee... hum... But I am Still a Bills fan... (but they Suck ... I know)

Anonymous said...

Ah Da,
The Bills play the Pats on the 11th of December!