Monday, April 28, 2008

Once you go black...

Perhaps in a feeble attempt to stay on top and stay organized, I have long been a faithful PDA user. Since my Palm V died about 3 years ago, I've been trying hard to find a reliable replacement. Part of the plan was to also combine the whole phone/PDA/mobile email into one device. I tried a lot of options. At one point I got so frustrated, I even switched to the Hipster PDA.

Well, the notorious Blackberry devices finally caught my attention, and I bought in to the hype. The results have been eye-opening. The Blackberry email is great, but to be fair, a lot of providers do push email. Blackberry Internet Service is probably better than others because of their sheer size, but that's not what impressed me the most. The latest devices are just superb.

Not only are they reliable, efficient, and user friendly, but they are miles ahead of the competition. I won't go into the details, since any tech head on the net can tell you the positive details of RIM devices. Just comparing to other PDAs, RIM is much more reliable, extremely logical and easy to use, and the battery life actually performs to level stated by the manufacturer. It has no flaws, aside from perhaps being too boring for some people (usually iPhone users).

RIM doesn't try to do too much with their PDAs, and that's exactly what I want.

No comments: