Thursday, May 25, 2006

Taipei: Cockroach City

There are cockroaches everywhere in Taipei! It is quite unbelievable. Pretty much every street I walk on, there are roaches just hanging around. The streets can look really dirty or really clean, and still there are roaches. One visit was especially appalling: The amount of cockroaches I saw during one weekend was equivalent to the amount I would see in Hong Kong during one year.

Hong Kong isn't even that clean, so I really don't know why there are so many bugs in Taipei. Do they just have a crappy sewer system? Does all that soy sauce marinade (滷) attract roaches? The people who sell bug spray are either a) having a stellar year in sales, or b) selling a shoddy product.

The overall feeling I have, is that Taipei isn't very clean.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

pls just don't point them to me when we visit the city, thanks...

Anonymous said...

you visited Taipei and didn't bother to call us?

Justin said...

I'm always in Taipei, but I don't know when you're there. We must coordinate better.

Anonymous said...

Re:
IT is OK Arthur Lee.
Justin is always like that,(Well, so do I , but I call up my friends once I get off the plane.)

Evil Minded Arthur WONG is thinking :"see? his Mission here is not to see us, his Main mission is to spend time with his GF~"

Re: Justin:
I think the major Problem with Taipei is that there are a lot more street vendors here then HK. And That creates a lot of food waste~ meaning, PETS contorl problem.. ( U might noticed that there are more homeless cats and dogs here in Taipei, too)

Anyways, and Allen lee is in Taipei to ga, Why did you not call him ah?

Justin said...

Re: arthur wong

Wah! So "baat" ga! Mind your own business ah! Ha ha ha...ha! 死八公 =D

Some weekends I go I'll call people up. Four out of five times I call Allen, he is busy or out of town. Some weekends (like last weekend, our anniversary) we like to enjoy our privacy and not be bothered.

I don't see too many cats in Taipei. Its not like I wasn't paying attention either, cause I keep my eyes open for cats so I can take their picture. However, if I took a picture of every roach I saw, I think I'd need an extra memory stick. So, so far cats=0 roaches=5,343.

Re: 李亞瑟

Sheesh, I wouldn't talk buddy! Its been like the 10th time you claimed to be coming to Hong Kong only to not show up in the end.