Thursday, November 15, 2007

New Gym Character: Smelly Guy (you knew this was coming)



(On a lighter note...)

Yup, that's right folks. Every gym has to have its "smelly guy". There's always a guy in the gym whom you have to wipe down the machine after he uses it. My gym is no different. The smelly guy here is a pretty tall Asian dude who wears glasses. He looks kind of dopey. I don't know much about him. I don't even know what machines he uses. The reason is that when he heads toward my general direction, I sprint for the basketball court to shoot some hoops instead. I put my whole workout on hold because of this guy. That's some awesome power. With great power comes great responsibility... this guy needs some deodorant (or does he?).

What could be the cause for his stench? Let's take a look:
  • Shower? I don't think this is the issue. I've seen him in the locker room, and I know he takes a shower. Unfortunately, he smells just as bad after the shower.

  • Deodorant? Don't think this is the reason either. The guy uses a pretty strong smelling chrysanthemum deodorant (don't ask), but it doesn't work. It just doesn't.

  • Laundry? I think this is a possibility. If you don't wash your clothes, or you let bacteria set in, its hard to get them to smell so fresh and so clean again.

I guess some people just naturally smell bad. But wouldn't he want to fix this?

Where are the Mythbusters when you need them.

6 comments:

alex said...

I'm don't know if I can solve the naturally smell problem, but when comes to laundry, I strongly recommend the WIN detergent.
http://www.windetergent.com/
It really leaves your clothes a clean smell instead of just a cover up.

Justin said...

This is definitely good stuff. However, if they jack up the price, I recommend just using regular detergent plus some "Oxiclean" type powder. Might be more economical with the same results ;)

http://www.oxiclean.com

Look for it at "dollar store" type shops.

Stephanie said...

Perhaps some kind of nasal plug might do the trick?

It always freaks me out when I can smell BO on someone on the train in the morning. In the evening I can sort of understand, but the morning?

Perhaps if you close your eyes, you can imagine that the hamburgers and onions smell is from a barbecue or something rather than someone's sweat glands. :)

Justin said...

Ha ha, I never imagined BO smelling like food!

Unknown said...

let's introduce iris to smelly.

Justin said...

Unfortunately, this guy blows Iris away. He'll only further make her think that her BO is not a problem.