Monday, April 03, 2006

Gray air


Haven't been too diligent with the updates. In fact, I haven't been reading much in terms of weblogs. Here's a tidbit I swipped from The Sports Guy's Mailbag session:

Q: To what would you compare the scene in the randomly placed smoker's lounges in the Las Vegas airport?
-- Marcus Guerriero, New York

SG: Hmmm ... you're talking about the most hopeless, desperate, depressing social setting on the planet -- everyone in that room has hit rock bottom and doesn't seem to care whether they live or die, but they're so addicted to nicotine that they're willing to share this smoky, cancer-ridden, glass-enclosed space with 10 other complete lowlifes. And that mere realization ruins their will to live even more than it was already ruined. It's like the spirit in the room has been collectively broken. And there's no going back.

That's exactly what I thought during a recent trip to the airport! I got jitters all over just imagining myself stuck in that room. Yeeesh! What a nightmare!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get the same feeling when I see people smoke outside while freezing their ass off in the middle of winter.

Anonymous said...

Oh~ I hated That kind of smoking room too.
I Actually Enjoy the Singapore Smoking rooms. Yu can actually step outside to the gardens.
Ah~ reminds me of Camel's TV AD