Sunday, April 30, 2006

McDonald's Ichiban Curry Sauce

I really like it, and here's why:

Its nothing like Japanese style curry, which is often sweet. It actually tastes just like the curry sauce you get with pub style curry chips. I didn't think it would taste good in the beginning. I have been a strict Barbeque sauce guy when it came to chicken nuggets, so weird sauces have never attracted me.

Next time you decide to indulge yourself with cheap, fatty foods, try the curry sauce with fries or nuggets. If you feel guilty, have a salad as well.

3 comments:

Nat said...

man i want to try me some of that... i wish we had it here closest thing to a sauce i like is sweet and spicy hawaiian at wendys with the chicken strips and it tastes good with fries to its kinda sweet and tangy at the same time. btw... my blog is updated 2 posts up and 3 mroe coming over the weekend

Anonymous said...

The curry is good, but it Doesn't taste like pub Curry. Most Japanese Curries are usually Thicker and NOT that spicy compare to Indian or Thai Curry.

Usually Sweet, yes, I love the Apple Curry a lot.

Justin said...

Re: ahdont

I'm afraid you'll have to try it when you return to Hong Kong (if they still have it). Ask your girlfriend to save up some for you =P

Re: arthur

So what does the Ichiban curry taste like then? Its certainly not Japanese, and its not Indian or Thai either. It tastes savory, not spicy, and not exotic. That's what pub curry tastes like.