Saturday, June 03, 2006

Not so old technology

After a mere seven or so years of use, my Palm V has seemingly become obsolete. The old desktop software that comes with it is not compatible with Windows XP, which I finally upgraded to this year. The new software (downloadable free from the internet) is better and compatible with XP, but is not compatible with the Palm V's OS. I also discovered that the V's OS is not upgradable like some other models.

The only way I could continue using this PDA efficiently, is if I go back to using Windows 98 or maybe 2000. I can tell you right now that its not going to happen. So now I'm stuck. I love to use things until they're absolutely unusable. I just finished gluing back together a pair of flip flops I've had for around nine years, after five different people told me to just buy a new pair while I looked for the proper glue.

I can't stand waste, and I can't stand throwing stuff away; especially stuff that is still usable. Anyone have any ideas what I can do with this thing? Perhaps someone with Win98 needs an old PDA?

Let me know if you want it.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Re: ahdont

By then, this will be an antique worth a lot of money.